Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fly fishin Wisconsin...

Working for a couple of days in River Falls, WI...found out that the Kinnickinnick River flows through the town, and is a class I trout stream...soooooo. ..after work today, donned my gear and went looking for some trouts.  A fellow in my class told me of an area he knew of, so I went there.  This is a great time of year, as the weather is nice, and the trees along the river bank are starting to turn yellow and gold.  This river is about 15 yards wide, flows well, and has some nice pools and riffles.  After scouting for a while, I found some fish rising, and got close to them, slowly.  After trying lots of different flies, I found them hungry for rusty spinners, about a size 18.  Got two nice little browns, feisty and colorful, strong fighters, right at sundown.  Great day on the river.
...keep the rod bent...

No comments:

Post a Comment